It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• When will my cycle be normal after BC+Plan B?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
    Wellness12
    (female)

Wellness12 HB User
    When will my cycle be normal after BC+Plan B?

So yesterday I was on day 7 of my first pack of birth control pills, ortho tricyclen lo. I had protected sex with my boyfriend, then we had sex again an hour later without a condom, but he didn't finish. I was worried that there may have been sperm left in his pre-***, so I took plan b today, mainly because I hadn't waited more than 7 days before unprotected sex like planned parenthood told me. I went home and read online that you should wait a month after starting the pill before having sex without using a backup method (hence confusion, my worry, and the taking of plan b). So I will continue to take my birth control, every day and at the same time. I know my cycle's probably really messed up and my period may be late (next is due February 5th, based on this month's which came on January 5, 2 days earlier than December's. I also took plan b the first week in November 2009). The thing I want to know is will taking plan b mess with the effectiveness of the pill? I don't think I'll be having sex without a condom until this pack is over, or until I get my next period, but I'm just wondering. And I know I need to be more careful and stop listening to my sex drive and start listening to my head. No more plan b for me. Thanks for any responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
    Wellness12
    (female)

Wellness12 HB User
    Re: When will my cycle be normal after BC+Plan B?

anyone?...

Old 01-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: When will my cycle be normal after BC+Plan B?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wellness12 View Post
    The thing I want to know is will taking plan b mess with the effectiveness of the pill?
    No. Plan B IS the pill, a mega dose of it. Why would you think it would mess with the effectiveness of your pill? The whole point of why plan B exists would be for nothing if that were true.

You're right that it will probably make your period either late or you may not get it at all. Anything can happen. Who knows? I would just wait and see and I wouldn't be at all surprised if anything weird happens with your period due to the plan B.

Closed Thread