It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Nuva Ring-- Hormone problem or pregnant?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
    lpp1987
    (female)

lpp1987 HB User
    Nuva Ring-- Hormone problem or pregnant?

This is kind of long so bare w/ me but I am in desperate need of advise/opinions. Lets start from the beginning of when things started to get weird. Around October or November I forgot to insert the Nuva Ring after a week of it being out. I left it out and waited until I started my period again. When I started my period, I put it in on a Sunday. That was the last NORMAL period that I had. Normally, I have a period that is at least 5 days long and is usually heavy about 3 days out of the 5 (even when I was on Nuva Ring for about 7 months before all this it was heavy). After I put in the nuva ring, 3 weeks passed and I took it out. I didn't get my period until friday and the period stopped around Tuesday after I put the new nuva ring in on that sunday. The period was very light and not normal for me. Then 3 weeks passed again and I took the nuva ring out, this time I didn't start until Saturday and the period was even lighter than the period before but it lasted until about Wednesday. I decided that this wasn't normal so I decided to just leave the Nuva Ring out. Now, 38 days later from the Saturday that I started my period I still have not started. I'm not sure if this is due to hormones or pregnancy? My boyfriend bought a cheap pregnancy test last Thursday and the instructions said to pee for 5 seconds. Well I only ended up peeing for about 3 but the test read Negative. So... has anyone else had this problem? It is impossible that I got pregnant while off of the Nuva ring because we used a condom and pull-out method. So... If I am pregnant, I would have had to gotten pregnant while on Nuva Ring (we did wait one week until I had the NEW nuva ring in before having unprotected sex). HELP please!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
    D0RiAN
    (female)

D0RiAN HB User
    Re: Nuva Ring-- Hormone problem or pregnant?

iM iN DA SAME SiTUATiON..iDK WHAT T0 D0..i T00K iT 0UT APRil 27, 2010..AND i HAVENT HAD MY PERiOD YET..i T00K A TEST MON. AND iT SAiD i WUZN'T..BUT i WANNA KNOW THE REAL RESULTS..iF iMMA HAVE MY PERi0D OR AM i PREGNANT?.i USUAllY HAVE MY PERI0D ALREADY

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp1987 View Post
    This is kind of long so bare w/ me but I am in desperate need of advise/opinions. Lets start from the beginning of when things started to get weird. Around October or November I forgot to insert the Nuva Ring after a week of it being out. I left it out and waited until I started my period again. When I started my period, I put it in on a Sunday. That was the last NORMAL period that I had. Normally, I have a period that is at least 5 days long and is usually heavy about 3 days out of the 5 (even when I was on Nuva Ring for about 7 months before all this it was heavy). After I put in the nuva ring, 3 weeks passed and I took it out. I didn't get my period until friday and the period stopped around Tuesday after I put the new nuva ring in on that sunday. The period was very light and not normal for me. Then 3 weeks passed again and I took the nuva ring out, this time I didn't start until Saturday and the period was even lighter than the period before but it lasted until about Wednesday. I decided that this wasn't normal so I decided to just leave the Nuva Ring out. Now, 38 days later from the Saturday that I started my period I still have not started. I'm not sure if this is due to hormones or pregnancy? My boyfriend bought a cheap pregnancy test last Thursday and the instructions said to pee for 5 seconds. Well I only ended up peeing for about 3 but the test read Negative. So... has anyone else had this problem? It is impossible that I got pregnant while off of the Nuva ring because we used a condom and pull-out method. So... If I am pregnant, I would have had to gotten pregnant while on Nuva Ring (we did wait one week until I had the NEW nuva ring in before having unprotected sex). HELP please!!

Closed Thread