It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Still no period 4 months after going off pill

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
    snowangel81
    (female)

snowangel81 HB User
    Still no period 4 months after going off pill

I got my first period very late, at 17 and only after being on estrogen pills for 10 days. Right after my first period I went on birth control, ortho tri-cyclen, because my acne was so bad. I have been on ortho tri-cyclen for three years and decided to stop taking it since my acne has been well controlled for awhile. I stopped taking it four months ago, and I still haven't had a period. I'm not sexually active. How long should it take until I have a period again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
    KREgirl09
    (female)

KREgirl09 HB UserKREgirl09 HB User
    Re: Still no period 4 months after going off pill

You may have what is called Post-Pill Amenorrhea, which is a fancy word to describe some women who experience absent periods after going off the birth control pill. Many things can cause this: 1. If you have a low body weight, you may not have enough body fat to promote ovulation and menstrual cycles, or 2. It may be a disorder in which your body does not produce enough estrogen. Or 3. It may just be your body trying to adjust to a normal menstrual cycle after being on the pill. If this continues much longer I would suggest seeing an OBGYN since you had to take estrogen to promote menstration at 17. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to KREgirl09 For This Useful Post:
    snowangel81 (03-30-2011)
    Closed Thread