It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Tri-Sprintec: Spotting in 3rd week, none in 4th-- Protected?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
    sjd91989
    (female)

sjd91989 HB User
    Tri-Sprintec: Spotting in 3rd week, none in 4th-- Protected?

I'm current on my third month of Tri-Sprintec, in the first week. For the past two months, I've been having bleeding during the 3rd week of pills (dark blue), and having no bleeding during my inactive (white) pills. Two weeks ago, I was having spotting during the blue pills (some days it was light, and sometimes heavy) and last week Wednesday, I started inactive pills. Since I wasn't having a period, I just started a new pack on Sunday. Monday night, I had unprotected sex. Since I don't get paid until next Monday, I did some googling (I know, I shouldn't have), and took two grey pills. Tuesday morning, I took one more, then in the afternoon I took two dark blue pills and I think I took one (or maybe two?) yesterday. I was late for class this morning and forgot to take any pill today. I should have just bought an ECP, but I'm kind of broke and don't have insurance. I'm planning on just finishing out this last week of blue pills, then starting a new pack next week.
    Long story short, am I just over-loading with hormones and pretty much beating a dead horse? I have no idea if I'm protected on inactive pills because I bleed in my third week. I went to my college's health center yesterday and did a pregnancy test, but when I asked the nurse if I was, she said, "you should be, but I dont know". She also brought me back a prescription from the resident family doctor for Sprintec (generic ortho-cyclen) and said that my body probably just needs a monophasic instead of a triphasic. I would have waited for the doctor, but the wait to talk to one was about an hour and a half and I had to go to another class.

So since I bleed during my third week, am I protected during my week of inactive pills? AND since I was off of pills for 4 days with no bleeding, would I have ovulated, making me able to get pregnant from my little romp Monday night?

Thanks so much. I know, I'm kind of retarded, but I'm trying way too hard to get my Masters right now and I have zero time for a child.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    protected, tri sprintec