It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Estrogen Deficiency cause by Depo Provera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
    bartonse
    (female)

bartonse HB Userbartonse HB User
    Estrogen Deficiency cause by Depo Provera

Hi all,

I'm suffering from very low estrogen levels caused by Depo Provera contraceptive injection. I am no longer on the injection as I was starting to suffer from menopausal symptoms - night sweats, weight gain, dryness etc.

I haven't had children yet and i'm 29 so need to get this sorted so that having a family is still a possibility. I haven't had a period since 2009.

My gynecologist suggested going back on the pill for a while until my Estrogen level increases. . . However, my GP has refused me this because of my migraines. And after 11 days of waiting for my GP to recommend something else . . . . i'm still waiting for a phone call!

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can boost my Estrogen levels? I have an open mind so anything that anyone can suggest will be considered.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: Estrogen Deficiency cause by Depo Provera

I have the opposite problem of too much estrogen. I need to stay away from certain estrogenic foods which might help you increase your estrogen. I'm thinking specifically of soy - anything soy, and flaxseed. Try increasing your soy and flaxseed consumption and see how it goes.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
    Spunkarilla
    (female)

Spunkarilla HB User

Hi!
    I also have all of those menopausal symptoms and Im only 25! I've been on depo for almost 7 years now, and I was wondering how you figured out about having low estrogen??? My dr is sooo hard to get in to see so I want to make sure I know what to ask for when I get to see her this week!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
    rosier
    Veteran
    (female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

What you are experincing is not menoposal symptoms, it is sideaffects from the medication. It is part of taking this med. I have been on it and also diabetic. And on blood thinner. I do not have night sweats till the summer months. So be sure it is menoposal or the med. There are many side affects this med has. Read the information. Hugs for today, sorry for what you did experinced.

Rosier
    Never give up.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
    bartonse
    (female)

bartonse HB Userbartonse HB User

It finally took 8 weeks for the doc to return my call . . and even then there was nothing they could do.

My hormone levels were checked when they thought I had PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) but it turned out all my problems were just because of the Depo injection.

After 9 months from when I stopped the injections, my periods returned on their own and my hormone levels have gone back to normal. All other symptoms have gone too!!

Never again will I poison my body with that rubbish.

The Following User Says Thank You to bartonse For This Useful Post:
    Spunkarilla (02-20-2012)
    Closed Thread