It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Birth control that doesnt cause acne?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
    dolphin107th
    (female)

dolphin107th HB User
    Birth control that doesnt cause acne?

Does anyone know of any bc that doesnt cause acne? I was just on accutane which completely cleared up my cystic acne, and now that i went on the depo provera shot it is back. condoms and spermicide don't seem safe enough, any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
    Kim78
    (female)

Kim78 HB User
    Re: Birth control that doesnt cause acne?

I am also prone to cystic acne & I took Lo loesterin FE back in July and it only made the situation worse; MUCH WORSE. I remember I woke up the very next day, after I took the first pill, and my face was SO SWOLLEN with cystic acne; ALL over my jawline and chin!! It hurt SO BAD, that I couldn't smile, talk, eat, NOTHING!!!!! I took that pill for 8 more days but I just couldn't take the side effects anymore, so I stopped after only 9 days. SOME of my cystic acne has healed up since I stopped BUT I also removed dairy from my diet within the last month or so. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE dairy!! I LOVE milk & yogurt (I eat at least one a day) and I HAVE to eat cheese on everything! LOL! Just recently, I stopped eating & drinking ANYTHING that has to do with normal, straight, hormone-laden dairy - milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. I substituted my regular milk with organic milk, one without hormones in it and I can see a difference in my skin already. I started drinking organic milk, eating organic yogurt, etc. I think I am going to try to start eating everything organic, as it contains no hormones it and see if that helps my skin issues. ALL birth control pills, shots, etc. are nothing more than synthetic hormones and there's going to be side effects; it's just a matter of how much of it you can take.....As far as my skin issues go, I'm going to try to go organic and see if that helps at all....

I was diagnosed with endometriosis back in June of this year & I HAVE to go on SOME form of birth control in order to manage this crap that has been bestowed upon me. I am thinking of taking the depo shot because I read that high dose progestins were good for endo & I am HOPING that the shot won't make my skin issues worse. I took the depo shot back when I was 18 & the only thing it did was make me REALLY tired but I didn't notice anything with my skin at the time. I took only ONE shot because, at the time, I didn't have insurance and I couldn't afford to go back for another BUT just from that ONE shot, it took a couple of YEARS for my period to come back and get regular again!!!!

Closed Thread