It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Hormone imbalance after coming off the pill

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
emalex
(female)

emalex HB User
Unhappy Hormone imbalance after coming off the pill

I've recently been told by my doctor i have a slight hormone imbalance, i have a slightly higher testosterone level then i should. I haven't had a period since last july, (7 months ago) and it's really frustrating me! I've also gained weight, which is the main problem for me as it's really getting me down. I'm so clueless as to how to deal with the problem, the doctors i've seen have been so unhelpful and say there's nothing that i can take to help the problem except go on the pill to get my periods back. I don't know if this will stop the side effect of me gaining weight/not being able to lose weight though! I also don't know why this has suddenly happened, i'm thinking it could possible be the aftermath of me coming off the pill? Is anyone else experiencing this or know any way to help!? thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Ella15
(female)

Ella15 HB User
Re: Hormone imbalance after coming off the pill

hey hun,, have u figured out what was going on with you? i am on the same boat as you currently..and still waiting to get a gynocologist

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Hormone problems caused by birth control? sedmondson Birth Control 0 02-22-2010 09:43 PM
hormone balance after stopping birth control pills petsketch Birth Control 1 02-07-2009 05:50 PM
Non synthetic hormone birth control brightcitylight Birth Control 2 09-29-2008 09:55 AM
Withdrawal effect effects after coming of the bc sunnygirl17 Birth Control 1 06-23-2008 11:51 AM
Acne when coming off the pill (Yasmin)? How long does it last?! nero123 Birth Control 2 09-05-2007 03:34 PM
very confused about what estrogen levels in pills mean... please help sbabayan Birth Control 3 07-10-2007 07:54 PM
hormone withdrawal? tinytoes Birth Control 5 01-28-2007 10:22 AM
Flax and sesame seeds for hormone balancing? cricketchicket Birth Control 0 01-03-2006 01:11 PM
acne blowout when coming off ortho tricyclene? d90210 Birth Control 3 08-21-2005 09:12 PM
Low-Hormone Pills Kaia_27 Birth Control 3 02-16-2004 01:30 PM

Tags
hormone imbalance, no period after birth control, testosterone, the pill, weight gain