It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• switched from ortho tri-cyclen to ortho tri-cyclen LO...breasts are KILLING me!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
    hizzy
    (female)

hizzy HB User
    switched from ortho tri-cyclen to ortho tri-cyclen LO...breasts are KILLING me!

hi, everyone. this month, i switched from regular ortho try-cyclen to ortho tri-cyclen lo. i had always taken the name brand of regular ortho tri-cyclen because the generics gave me horrific nausea, but now the name brand of regular ortho tri-cyclen is no longer available in the US, so my gyn switched me to the lo since the brand is still available. after a week and a half on the lo, my breasts are KILLING me. i usually get some breast pain a couple days before my period, but i'm only a week and half into this pack. i can also feel the typical swollen lumpiness that i usually get right before my period. i find this odd because i'm actually on a lower dose of hormones now, and i never had this side effect with regular ortho tri-cyclen. maybe it will just take my body a while to adjust to a new level of hormones? anyone else have breast pain or new side effects like that when switching from a higher hormone pill to a lower hormone pill? thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
    Isabellea
    (female)

Isabellea HB User
    Re: switched from ortho tri-cyclen to ortho tri-cyclen LO...breasts are KILLING me!

I think it's the brand itself that's causing your pain. I'm also on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo. I also have great pains in my breasts almost all of the time. I used to get tender breasts a few days before my period and then throughout my period, but now it's all the time, with extreme pain during my period.

Closed Thread

Tags
    breast pain, ortho tri-cyclen, ortho tri-cyclen lo, tender breasts