It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Quitting Nortrel Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
    KEL871
    (female)

KEL871 HB User
    Question Quitting Nortrel Question

Hi!

I have been on birth control for three years now, around two with Nortrel. I loved it as I had no side effects and was not overly emotional like on previous kinds. Well, I ended my period on Saturday and realized I had forgotten to pick up/start a new pack Friday so I doubled up Saturday night, and by Sunday my husband I had decided to take the leap of starting to try to conceive. My gyno, who I saw for my annual a week before that, said with Nortrel that you just stop and acted like there were so issues. In fact, she said I would be more fertile the 3 following months. My pharmacist seemed to think I should not have any bleeding or rebound period since I only took two pills. Yet, here I am four days later and this morning I had large light pink spotting. Then some spotting of red blood and some brown this afternoon. We have been having unprotected sex since Sunday, but I know it is too early for implantation bleeding, and my stomach has felt like I am starting my period since like Monday. Will I get a full on period or is this just break through bleeding? I have never spotted before, so not really sure. I really hope this is a fluke because our anniversary trip is this weekend...Spoke to the gyno's nurse this AM and she said she would see what the doctor says, but that maybe my body is confused since I took two active pills then quit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    birth control, quitting, spotting after period, the pill