It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Help! Irregular bleeding on Nexplanon

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
    clovere
    (female)

clovere HB User
    Help! Irregular bleeding on Nexplanon

Hello! I am hoping that someone out there can help me. I am 19 and had Nexplanon inserted in August of 2012 so I have had it for about a year and seven months. I know that irregular bleeding is very common while using nexplanon however I am still a bit concerned about my situation because it started later not when inserted. The only side effects I have noticed since starting birth control were yeast infections which I had never had before and I started gettign them when I was on the pill also. I have no symptoms of one now. I have had regular periods since I got the implant. However, this summer I was ten days late and took a pregnancy test that was positive. I took another test later in the night that was negative and I got my period (or what I hope was my period) a few days later. It was heavier than any period I have had before and lasted only a couple of days. My next period came a month later. I chose to just forget about this which probably wasn't very smart but anyway my periods have been normal since then. Except until now. I had my period around January 12th and then it came back 2 weeks later but was very dark and was only a bit at a time and this spotting didn't go away until a week ago. So it lasted a month. Then I had no spotting for a few days and then very light spotting for a day. The last day of spotting I had severe hot flashes in which my face got really red and I felt like I was going to be sick. So I am not sure if I ever got my period this month. But because the bleeding was so light and dark I do not think it was. Aside from this I have had trouble falling asleep but I am very tired during the day. I get really dizzy especially in the shower or when I look too far to either side up or down. I am also peeing a lot more frequently and it is waking me up in the morning instead of my alarm! I took three pregnancy tests in the last week and a half but they have all been negative so I am assuming this is not the cause of my problems. I don't feel any cramping and my breasts haven't been very swollen or tender since the beg. of january. I have had the same boyfriend for 2 years and we have no reason to be concerned that the cause is a STD considering we don't have sex with anyone else and haven't ever. I have made an appointment with the doctor but I wasn't able to get in until the 4th so I am just looking for any advice anyone might have until then. It is just concerning when your body decides it wants to act different one day! Hope someone can help or relate. Thanks so much!

Last edited by clovere; 02-26-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    implanon, late period, spotting