It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• could I be pregnant after not taking the pill correctly?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
    msears3
    (female)

msears3 HB User
    Unhappy could I be pregnant after not taking the pill correctly?

I take ortho-tri cyclen lo. When I first started taking the pill in December I was really good at taking it, I would take it at 8am every single day. For the past 2-3 weeks, i've been really stressed with my school workload and studying for my exams that i'll forget in the morning. Some days i'll take it at 9 or 10 and other days it won't be until 12 or 1. I've been very inconsistent and I hate myself for it. I've been talking to a guy for a few months now and we finally had sex for the first time Friday night. At first he was using a condom but he said he couldn't feel anything and I told him I was on birth control so it was alright to take it off. He went completely inside of me when he came. I've heard ortho-tri cyclen is a reliable pill, but i'm just worried because ive been bad at taking it recently. I'm supposed to get my period on thursday, if I still do does that absolutely mean I'm not pregnant or is there still a chance that I could be because it wasn't that long ago that I had sex? I've also been extremely moody all day for absolutely no reason so I don't know if that could be an affect. My breasts have also been tender, but it's not uncommon for them to get tender, but I don't know if its at the usual time or not.

Any help would be wonderful!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: could I be pregnant after not taking the pill correctly?

So, the good news is that a 4 hour difference when taking a combined pill is not a problem. It's actually still within an acceptable range for taking it. It's really only an issue if you're on the mini pill. So you should still be protected from pregnancy.

The only issue I can see is with STDs. If you only recently met this guy, you probably don't know what his history is. For that reason, it's probably better to go with protection. When a guy tells you that he can't feel it, he's lying. There are many different styles of condoms that are thinner and allow for feeling. It's more protection for you to insist on condoms, both from pregnancy as well as STDs.

As for your symptoms, I think you're just having the usual pms stuff going on. Breast tenderness always is far more noticeable on the pill. So I wouldn't worry about that. If you don't get your period during your next placebo week, it doesn't automatically mean your pregnant. When you're on the pill, it's common to not get a period, or to have a much lighter period. So you can't go by symptoms.

Last edited by Kszan; 04-14-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    birthcontrol, pregnant