It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Lo Loestrin Fe- heavy bleeding? How much is too much spotting? And other questions...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
    rrobin
    (female)

rrobin HB User
    Lo Loestrin Fe- heavy bleeding? How much is too much spotting? And other questions...

I am almost done with my first pack on Lo loestrin fe and 2 days ago I started spotting, no big deal. It seems to have gotten heavier and I have cramping (I'm still on the blue pills). Is this normal? I haven't skipped any, maybe I have taken it a 30 mins-2 hours later than I planned but that's it. Since I'm bleeding now and almost done with the pack should I maybe just skip to the white and brown pills and have my period and then start the new pack? I also have a wedding I'm going to on the 30th that I would like to not have my period during. I know that's a lot of questions, but I'm new to this medication! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: Lo Loestrin Fe- heavy bleeding? How much is too much spotting? And other question

You just started taking it for the first time. It's not surprising that it's taking time for your body to adjust. Most doctors recommend that you wait at least 3 months to evaluate a new pill whether it's working or not. You should keep taking the pills normally and not skip any right now because otherwise you're going to throw off your hormones even more than they are from starting on the pills.

Closed Thread

Tags
    birth conrol, birth control pill, lo loestrin fe, women's health, women's sexual health