It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

varicose veins

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #1
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
varicose veins

I have some bad ones and am beginning to research treatments. I don't like the idea of injecting saline or whatever it is into them......
then there is a laser treatment. Has anyone had either and could give me pro's, con's, etc?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: varicose veins

I personally have not had the laser treatment, but a woman I work with had it done 3 months ago, and I have to say, her legs look great! There is a serious improvement and she said even though it hurt when they did it, the pain was bearable and over as soon as the laser stopped zapping her..

Old 06-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

thanks! that's encouraging! A co-workers daughter had the saline and she said it was because her veins were too small for the laser, so I'm just starting to think about this and want to get all the info! I thought the laser might be better but I guess it depends.....I'm also a big chicken and I want the one that hurts less!

Old 06-08-2017, 03:39 AM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Rosequartz,
I have never heard of veins being too small for a laser. I had some veins on my face which were mini-mini zapped with a laser!

Lasers hurt, but only for a split second. Its like the ultimate rubberband snap...
its very quick. By the time you register that it hurts, its over. Ive had my entire face lasered for different reasons, mostly for acne when I was breaking out with cysts all the time, Lasers are meant to do different things- which is why there are SO many different types of lasers out there, but they all work the same way and I honestly cant tell you that they dont hurt- but they definately give the best results AND they are faster. Instead of injecting everywhere with a needle, you can get zapped in 1/10 of the time.

Look into a Vein Institute in your area. They are popping up everywhere and are run by doctors. The safest way to be around lasers is to make sure that the person using it knows what they are doing. I would never go to a medical spa or a salon which has lasers UNLESS it was run by a medical doctor and it was the doctor who was doing the work. Some states allow techs who are certified to use lasers- even my state...but I would still only allow a medical doctor to use one on me.

Youll be fine. If this is something you want to do, do it! Youll feel so much better about yourself!

Reply Reply