It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

Vasculitis

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
Pandasmommy13
(female)

Pandasmommy13 HB User
Vasculitis

I was hospitalized and diagnosed with Vasculitis a month ago. I also have other disabilities but this has really made every one of my medical issues ten times worse. Before this hit me I was able to walk with my walker and use my wheelchair for long distances. Now I can't even stand up independently for more than 3 or 4 minutes at a time. I already had chronic pain issues but now I have joint pains that I didn't have before. I am so scared 😳 out of my mind. I am doing physical and occupational therapy as much as possible to gain my strength back hopefully. The thing is when they did the biopsy for the Vasculitis they said I have the pediatric kind and I'm 43 years old so I really don't know how that could be. I can't help but wonder if it's related to the lupus kind because lupus runs in my family. Any thoughts 💭 about this would be appreciated! Have a great night everyone!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Vasculitis

Dear Pandasmommy,

Thanks for bringing this subject up because I am sure that my symptoms are from Vasculitis, too. From what I have read no matter what it is related to, it is easily treatable and it can even affect vision, so no matter what it is related to please let your doctor know you want it treated or you want to be referred to a doctor that can.

I have other disabilities too from a long ago serious accident, 50 years ago, and I sometimes have to use a wheelchair or walker, and yeah, Vasculitis sure does add to the difficulty. The aches, tingling, shooting pain and numbness can be awful. I read that the normal course is to take aspirin or ibuprophen to thin the blood and lessen the pain. Maybe there is other treatment one may need such as vascular surgery to open a vein.

A doctor that handles Lupus and rheumatologists, nephrologists, etc. should be able to handle the Vasculitis or refer you to a doctor that is experienced with it. I like to use older, more experienced doctors that have been in practice longer than 25 years. I intensely don't appreciate being on a doctor's learning curve.

Please keep us posted, OK? Let me know how you are doing and what was done for you.

Love,

Last edited by YaYagirl; 08-07-2017 at 10:48 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to YaYagirl:
Pandasmommy13 (08-09-2017)
The Following User Says Thank You to YaYagirl For This Useful Post:
Pandasmommy13 (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #3
Pandasmommy13
(female)

Pandasmommy13 HB User

Thank you so much 😊 for your words of encouragement! This by far is one of the more challenging things I have endured in my life. Not many people understand much about this and my family has been super worried. I pray that you are right in that it's easily treated. I'm sorry that you have it too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User

You're welcome, Pandasmommy.
You can do a search on vasculitis treatment and read different websites. The MAYO clinic website is reliable.

It's not comfortable to go through but I'm OK, thanks.

Last edited by YaYagirl; 08-21-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Reply Reply