It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

Pericarditis or Worse?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
dan2222
(female)

dan2222 HB User
Question Pericarditis or Worse?

21 and female.

About 3 months ago I was diagnosed with Pericarditis. I was prescribed ibuprofen and then eventually, colchicine. After a while the pain started to subside, and after an echo, I was relieved of medication and returned back to work. According to my cardiologist, the pericarditis was gone.

Not long after I stopped the medication, the pain came back even worse. I'm a cashier and while the pain wasn't debilitating in any way, it was discomforting moving around and everything. I currently have this dull pain in the top of the chest, near the collar bone (sometimes the collar bone itself would hurt too). The pain would also move to my shoulder blades (sometimes right on them, and sometimes in between) and to my left shoulder. My left arm would also feel tingly or numb as well, and my wrist would tighten. My left leg would also have a bit of pain, but it's gone now. I also get pain in the neck, jaw, and ears. Toothaches too.

I would wake up from sleep from feeling lightheaded and nauseated, although I never vomited. I felt pretty close to it though.

The pain is pretty much constant. I would also get headaches/migraines and my vision would get a little bit hazy. Nothing really worsens it though, at least, not to an extreme degree. It does alleviate with rest just a little bit. But sleep is really the only way out of this pain. After waiting for a while to see if the symptoms would let up and they never did, I went back to the ER.

Now, I've been to the ER many, many times already. And have been to 3 different ERs. I've also had the paramedics take me a couple times.

So, after another round of EKGs, blood work (including ddimer and Troponin), Chest xrays, an echo, and being placed on a heart monitor for several hours, the doctors said that my pericarditis has returned and that I should continue with my previous treatment.

But I am very, very worried that this could be something more. I took my medication, but it doesn't seem to help like last time. I'm afraid this might be angina or a potential heart attack that my body is warning me about. As far as family history, no history of heart diseases or heart attacks, but high BP and diabetes does run in the family. So far though, all seems normal. My BP would elevate (150s/low 100s at highest) but the doctors chop it up to stress as it does lower back to normal once I'm relaxed. I did have a blood test for LDL, but I never got a call back from the doctor which means all is good.

Yeah, I do have anxiety and depression too.

It's kinda driving me crazy because not only do I have symptoms of a very serious heart problem, but my pericardial effusion is small (like around 2-4mL) and does not constrict the heart at all. I'm surprised that something this small is causing so much pain.

I'm thinking of making a quick run to Urgent Care to get another EKG but... god, maybe I'm just worrying to much...

I've had so many EKGs already and I'm almost tired of them, haha.

Has anybody experienced this with pericarditis before? And does any of this sound like something terrible? Like angina? I also read up on coronary spams too.

It all just sounds too close to a heart attack and it's messing with my head.

And I do have arrythmias, but my cardiologist said that they are benign. PACs. And I have now experienced breathing problems. Maybe a little problem here and there when laying down but it's gone now. Deep breaths do not worsen the pain.

I would also get this weird shaky feeling whenever I would eat, if that makes any sense.

Took my BP: 125/93

Edit: OOPS. I posted this in the wrong forum. :/

Last edited by dan2222; 09-12-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply