It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

easy bruising and fluctuating platelets

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 03:05 AM   #1
cocoaball
(female)

cocoaball HB User
easy bruising and fluctuating platelets

hi,

im 30. since i was a little child i always bruised easily. my parents took me to many docs when i was a baby and a teen and they said 'sensitive skin'. later on they said i have slightly high platelets (always around 450,000 since i was 18..before that age platelets were around 200K)-my bone marrow biopsy and jak2 mutation was normal. i kept on bruising from even carrying bags or playing tennis. they checked me for all types of hemophilia, nothing found. first test showed just slightly low factor 10(45%), second test showed normal factor 10 and slightly low factor 4(47%) with normal vwd....then another time everything was normal and my vwd was not reacting to...restocetin or something. All tests had totally different results. During my gallbladder removal i didnt bleedat all!. During tooth extraction i had to have stitches cos the bleeding wouldnt stop. My pt and ptt are always normal........

But i bruise non stop... Does anyone have heard of any type of bruising that wouldnt fit in the tests i already had? or...if you have any idea im happy to hear

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: easy bruising and fluctuating platelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaball View Post
hi,

But i bruise non stop... Does anyone have heard of any type of bruising that wouldnt fit in the tests i already had? or...if you have any idea im happy to hear
I'm not familiar with the tests you mentioned because I never went to a doctor for bruising. Here's what happened: Many years ago I was looking for a healthier diet and I heard that oily fish is healthy. So I decided to eat a can of sardines every day for lunch. I did that for about a year with no noticeable bad effects. Then I decided to join a volleyball team and I developed black and blue bruising all over my hands. And no one else on the team had bruising.

It was just by luck that I later read how fish oil can thin your blood and that could lead to easy bruising. So that solved my problem.

Reply Reply