It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

Borderline Neutropenia?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
cwaigy
(male)

cwaigy HB User
Borderline Neutropenia?

I've been getting recurrent gastrointestinal bloating, periodic soft stools, perianal sores and abscesses, mouth ulcers and oral thrush for quite some time now - it's often accompanied by a feeling of being unwell, headaches, stiff neck, really bad confusion / brain fog, etc.

Sometimes these things all come at once, one after the other or seemingly at random. I've been going to the doctors but they've not managed to narrow things down so I've paid for some private blood tests.

In general they show I'm in good health, thyroid, sugar levels, liver, kidney function, CRP levels, vitamins, minerals, etc, is all looking good.

The only abnormality is my Neutrophil levels seem to be either borderline, sometimes mildly low or slightly above so was hoping someone could help me make sense of them, i.e. is this likely to be the cause of my symptoms or is it an indicator that something else is using them up.

The levels, against a lab range of 2.00 - 7.50 x 10^9/L have been:

18th September 2017 - 2.01
31st March 2018 - 2.52
17th May 2018 - 1.61
1st June 2018 - 1.79
11th June 2018 - 2.01

If it helps to interpret the results my complete White Blood Counts for the same samples were, against a range of 3.00 - 10.00 x 10^9/L:

18th September 2017 - 4.23
31st March 2018 - 4.80
17th May 2018 - 4.15
1st June 2018 - 4.5
11th June 2018 - 4.72

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2018, 11:57 PM   #2
Gwinevere
(female)

Gwinevere HB User
Re: Borderline Neutropenia?

Hi. Did you ever find out what was causing your low WBC's? I was thinking about your spleen have you had that checked?

Reply Reply