It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• WBC/Lymphocytes/Neutrophils decreasing over 2 years?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
    jh77
    (female)

jh77 HB User
    WBC/Lymphocytes/Neutrophils decreasing over 2 years?

I logged in to my health portal to see the results of my recent mammogram, which is inconclusive and needs further testing as some more microcalcifications/nodules have developed since the last one 5 years ago, and due to extreme density. I also happened to look through my recent blood work and discovered that I could see all previous blood work - and noticed that my WBC, lymphocytes and neutrophils have all been declining over the last 2 years. They are all on the low side of normal - so nothing is flagged as low yet, but it's heading in the direction of leukopenia. I am confused about why this could be happening. In May 2017 all three counts took a dive and they have been declining since. I have not been on any medications, I've not had any infections, I've not had cancer treatments, no infections, I've been quite healthy.

I'm wondering what is going on... there must be a reason for the steady decrease over such a long period of time..?? This seems to have come up at the same time that I've gotten a scare about breast health, which is yet to be determined. Could there be a relation? Could it be stress (the last 2 1/2 years have been very difficult as I've been dealing with a separation - but that happened a full year before the big dip in levels).

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
    jh77
    (female)

jh77 HB User
    Declining WBC/Lymphocytes/Neutrophils over last 2 yrs

I recently discovered that my WBC count, lymphocytes and neutrophils counts were all declining since May 2017. Quite a drop at that point for all three levels, and then ever since. They are still on the low side of normal, so they aren't flagged as especially low, but they seem to be heading in the not-so-good direction. What could be causing this? I haven't been on any type of medications, no cancer treatments, no infections, nothing that would suggest a reason for such a drop and a continuous decline over such a long period of time. I have been stressed... I was separated 2 1/2 years ago, could that really be the cause? Or could it be more likely medical?

I have just been given a breast health scare as well, which is what led me to discover my 2 year history of blood tests. Lumps have been found, mammogram was inconclusive, more microcalcifications/nodules have formed since my last one 5 years ago, further testing is required. Could it be possible that the drop in WBC/lymphocytes/neutrophils has something to do with this, if there's something scary going on in my breast tissue? I'm wondering if there is a connection.... TIA.

Reply Reply

Tags
    decreased wbc, leukocytes, leukopenia, low wbc, neutrophils