It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• Blood clot/Pulmonary Embolism

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
    cazajacks
    Veteran
    (female)

cazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB Usercazajacks HB User
    Blood clot/Pulmonary Embolism

My old dr used to tell me she was keeping an eye on my platelet count as it kept coming back either at the high end or over the normal amount I.E. here in the UK it has to be from 150 ( lowest) to 400 (highest) Mine would often be just over the 400. This had been going on for a long time. Moving forward to 2015 and I suddenly had a Pulmonary Embolism for no reason at all, the dr's could not find a cause. I have been looking back at my blood test results and still all these years on my platelets are still over the highest end of 400, they are only just over I.E. 423, but as I am now not very mobile I am really worried I may get another P.E. and this time I might die. I have lost 2 close friends to the same condition. I have been to see my current dr and discussed my concerns, but he says as they are not very much over the 400 highest level he is not concerned!! I told him well I am, what is he waiting for, for me to have another blood clot! He says he will do another blood test ( not sure what type of one it is) and see what his comes back as, and if it is high he will send me to a blood dr, but he doesn't feel it will be high. Surely if there is a limit of 400 for the highest range and someone is coming back over the 400 and has already had a P.E. should that not ring alarm bells!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply