It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• Unknown anemia/blood disorder

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
    Bdat0116
    (female)

Bdat0116 HB User
    Exclamation Unknown anemia/blood disorder

Hello all. This may be a little long so I apologize in advance. So, I've discovered recently that there is something going on....we just don't know what. It originally started with my knee, I could put any weight suddenly on my left knee one morning. Went to my PCP and they sent for an MRI, came back as I'm stage 2 runners knee. Along with that, we did a CBC, and my results were pretty alarming according to another PCP. So with that, we've done some other blood tests. She has no idea what's going on and the tests have kind of halted right now...which doesn't alleviate my concerns. Turns out I'm iron deficient but it's not your typical deficiency, so I've been told. My PCP was also convinced I have a small bleed but not sure. I've had a blood smear done and it came back abnormal. Small, discolored red blood cells which answers (kinda) my low RBC count in my CBC. I would believe that they were premature red blood cells that are being destroyed and my body can't replenish fast enough. (Just a guess on that though) If anyone does answer this thread, I have copies of all of my labs if it would help to see it. But at this point, I'm at a crossroad here and extremely stuck. My insurance sucks and I've not yet been referred to a hemotologist. And now I've gotten myself extremely paranoid by doing some research (ya, I know, that's dumb). I was thinking MDS is a possibility, but who knows. There seems to be a lot of possibilities. I was worried about a blood cancer or something of the sort... I've given blood for a few years, started off with hemoglobin levels in the high 14s. And now if I tried to give blood, it's in the high 10s, low 11s, so I've given up, especially now there's a clue that something is definitely going on. But it was definitely a slow decline in those hemoglobin levels. So, throw some questions, answers, possibilities out there and I'll gladly answet/take advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply