It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• high liver function test results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2003, 11:55 AM   #1
    Deborah2003

Deborah2003 HB User
    Post high liver function test results

Last December I had a routine blood test which showed I had high liver functions.

The Doc ran many other blood tests to determine the cause...no diseases were found. They decided the cause was gall stones and so I had my gall bladder removed with liver biopsy in January. My liver biopsy was normal.

3 months after the surgery my liver function test
    results were higher than before the surgery. I couldn't have a blood test run in June or July because I was taking Predinsone for another problem and the doctor wanted to wait. I am concerned because the Doc's attitude is we'll just monitor the situation, And everything I have read on the net indicates this in NOT normal but indicative of another problem.

Prior to Gall Bladder surgery..
    AST(SGOT)=87 ALT(SGPT)=187

After Surgery
    AST(SGOT)=125 ALT(SGPT)=360

I did have another blood test last week. I will post the results as soon as they are available

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #2
    joanel

joanel HB User
    How are your other tests? My platelets were high and I was put on agrylin and my liver test kept going up. They took me off agrylin and on to hydrea and they are still high. Now I'm off to more doctors! I haven't had a bone marrow biopsy. I do have gall stones. Go to another doctor for that next tuesday. I know there's something wrong, but it only shows up on the blood tests. J.

The Following User Says Thank You to joanel For This Useful Post:
    kmalleg (04-19-2011)
    Closed Thread