It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• Looking for Little C

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
    LittleC
    (female)

LittleC HB User
    Looking for Little C

I have a rare blood factor, called "little c negative", or anti c. It is similar to RH- but I'm RH+

from 1970-1972 I lost two babies because I have no c (little c) factor in my blood. Carried one full term; the other 8 mos.

Just as in RH- problems, when I gave birth to my 2nd child, I built up antibodies against the babies blood resulting in the baby living only 2 hrs. They didn't know what was wrong, an autopsy showed no problems. So, I got pregnant again - this time at 8 mos the baby was still born. That resulted in my being sent to a doctor specializing in high risk pregnancies. Thankfully, he discovered I do not have a little c (or I am c-) in my blood.

While they have a shot to give RH negative women at the time of they deliver their first baby, there is no shot for c- )little c negative) women.

In 1973, now pregnant again (bound and determined to have 2 kids) the doctor determined at 7 mos that this baby also had problems;the antibodies were present killing off the baby's blood. He had developed a technique called Intra-uterine Transfusion, and had 10 yrs of success with this procedure. My daughter (now 33) had 3 of them before birth and 3 blood exchanges after birth. She's my miracle baby.

Now she is pregnant with her 2nd baby. We've learned that there's no concern for the first pregnancy, but now I'm looking to find out if she is at risk herself.

Anyone out there familiar with Little C negative?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread