It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• Help! Leukopenia -- doctor says not

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
    Atthis

Atthis HB User
    Help! Leukopenia -- doctor says not

So I have been sick for a long time (years), I succumb very easily to every virus or bacteria that comes my way, and I just had bloodwork done to try to figure out what's wrong.

Well, the results came back, and the only thing abnormal is my white blood cell count. It is 3800. This is below normal.

My doctor says it is normal and does not need to be pursued. Everything I've read says that below 4000 means leukopenia.

What to believe?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
    Tauri79
    (female)

Tauri79 HB User
    Re: Help! Leukopenia -- doctor says not

Hiya,

I just posted a very similar reply on another board so i though I'd stick my two pennies worth in here too!

References ranges (i.e.the amount of something you expect to find in a healthy person) are not written in stone. So while your white blood count may be a tiny bit low it's not something you need to worry about.

{removed}
    and a few months ago mine was low too (I was being checked for anaemia) the next month I had a repeat and it was normal.

Flucations are perfectly normal. Don't let it worry you

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 10-08-2005 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Read posting rules,the boards are for PEER support.

Closed Thread