It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• white spots on brain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
    catcando
    (female)

catcando HB User
    Cool white spots on brain

Hi, I'm new to the group... I have hemochromatosis, that's iron overload due to genetics, I just got back from the neuro. doctor, and my mri shows white spots on the brain, he has done upper emg and lower emg, he told me he was 75% sure not ms. he going to look at the mri him self, does ms really have a pattern? he wants to do a brain wave next, anybody got a clue if he's right about ms having a pattern ,or what white spots could mean? I was looking them up when i tripped over this website. I have been to so many doctors, and a study on fibro. found my iron problem , so i'm very leary. I go to the fl. cancer center for my blood draws...but i'm really getting frustrated, I have 29 days before i go back to this doctor, 29 days to wonder what do white spots
    mean,if he doesn't think it's ms
    thanks for letting me rant on.
    catcando

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
    janet119
    Inactive
    (female)

janet119 HB User
    Re: white spots on brain

almost everyone who has an mri will have something wierd show up. doesnt mean its always something bad. white spots like that are called ubo's...unidentified white objects. i had a ton of them for my second head mri in 1999. whatever they were arent there anymore. i dont think ubo's are much to worry about. ms lesions i think show up on pretty specific places in your brain so he could probably tell if they were similar to ms lesions.
    also your symptons in the first place should tell him what part of the brain is causing you problems. like vision is the back of you head...etc.
    janet

Old 08-07-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
    TreeFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB User
    Smile Re: white spots on brain

Hi catcando,
    It's good that your doc is checking your MRI himself. White spots don't necessarily mean anything progressive or dangerous. White spots can show in an MRI even from a bump on the head.

You can find out more about MS symptoms and see if you actually have any symptoms. It can take a long time even years to diagnose MS, unless you have an advanced case, and then you would have definite MS symptoms.

It irritates me that docs even mention MS until they know more. Try not to let this bother you.

Closed Thread