It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• can anyone help me scared about blood results!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
    presson
    (female)

presson HB User
    can anyone help me scared about blood results!

i had a CBC two weeks ago and doc ordered a retest due to low neutrophils (1.93 range should be 2.0-7.5)

other results were as below
    red blood count 4.7
    haemoglobin 139
    haematocrit 0.43
    MCV 92
    MCH 30
    platelet 276
    WBC 4.6
    lymphocyte 1.93
    monocyte 0.32
    eosinophil 0.32
    basophil 0.09
    differential 2
    ie all the above totally normal

i had a repeat yesterday and the neutrophil dropped FURTHER to 1.71

i am healthy and fit 36yo female

i had an undiagnosed stomach bug about 5-6 weeks ago but nothing was cultured. since then no problems

am pretty worried cos all i seem to hear about re this is bad stuff

any ideas??

i am not on any meds that would impact. i only take calcium, magnesium and vit D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
    Merimac
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
    Re: can anyone help me scared about blood results!

Unless there are other problems going on, there is no need to be scared. My white blood cell counts are at 3.1 and my neutrophils are 1.3 The percentage is at 40% of white cell count. That is below the normal range at the lab I am tested at. The doctor was not concerned and did not retest. Sometimes, doctors are just looking for patterns. The white blood cells generally go in and out of the blood and tissues and attack bacteria that would harm the body. If you have brief low counts, it may mean dental infection or contact with a bacteria that caused the white cells to become lowered for 12- 24 hours. If the count continues to get lower and gets below 500. They usually hospitalize the patient for antibiotic therapy by IV. It really does not matter in terms of the counts if the remaining cells are functioning the right way.

Last edited by Merimac; 10-17-2006 at 05:49 AM.

Closed Thread