It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

• Reactive vs. Essential Thrombocytosis??? Can anyone help me??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2007, 04:01 AM   #1
    rene24
    (female)

rene24 HB User
    Reactive vs. Essential Thrombocytosis??? Can anyone help me??

Hello All, I have posted on this site a few times in the past, but have not been on since Sept. because after awhile I started getting scared of everything I was reading and decided to take a break. I was diagnosed with high platelets about 3 years ago. My hemotologist has run every test known to man and for the most part everything has come out good. I am on the drug, Hydroxyurea, and have been for the past year. In Oct. when I went for my blood work my platelets has gone back up to 960,000. I have been over the million mark twice. Back when I was diagnosed with the high platelet count I was also diagnosed with a low grade glioma tumor in the front part of my brain. My hemotologist seems to think that is the cause of my high platelet count, only because I do not react to the Hydroxyurea like most people do that have ET. I do see a neurosurgeon over in Pa. (actually I have seen three for second opinions) and like the other two neuros he seems to not be concerned about removing this tumor. I have headaches frequently, and have had them all my life. There are times I feel as if I am going to pass out, (although I never have) and that is quite scary. So I guess what I am asking here is there anyone out there that has been diagnosed with Reactive Thrombocytosis, and if there is what is causing your high platelet count?? Oh yeah , one other thing, 6 months ago I was also diagnosed with HPV. (Human Papiloma Virus) I don't think that would be the cause as it was just found, and I have had the high platelets for 3 years now. Please, if anyone can help me here I would love to hear from you!! Any information that you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and Bless you all!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread