It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board

  • PLEASE help....high white cell count!

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 02-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
    VioletSky77
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: New York, NY USA
    Posts: 8
    VioletSky77 HB User
    PLEASE help....high white cell count!

    Nearly 2 years ago, my blood tests came back with a high white cell count
    of 13.
    I saw a Hematologist, and his findings were "Inflammation without obvious cause."

    I took another blood test a week ago, and it came back as high white cell count again. This time, it is 14.5

    Needless to say, I am terrified.

    I can't sleep, and I have been crying.

    My doctor said to see a Hematologist again, which I will do....but in the meantime, has anyone had this before?

    What was the cause of your high white cell count?

    I would greatly appreciate any info or advice.

    Thank you.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 02-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
    kmarshy
    Member
    (female)
     
    kmarshy's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: UK
    Posts: 85
    kmarshy HB User
    Re: PLEASE help....high white cell count!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VioletSky77 View Post
    Nearly 2 years ago, my blood tests came back with a high white cell count
    of 13.
    I saw a Hematologist, and his findings were "Inflammation without obvious cause."

    I took another blood test a week ago, and it came back as high white cell count again. This time, it is 14.5

    Needless to say, I am terrified.

    I can't sleep, and I have been crying.

    My doctor said to see a Hematologist again, which I will do....but in the meantime, has anyone had this before?

    What was the cause of your high white cell count?

    I would greatly appreciate any info or advice.

    Thank you.
    I just wanted to let you know that I am in the same boat here with a high white count and for a few years now. I am from the UK (don't know if you are from the USA!!) and our docs here do not worry too much if they are just this high. Mine is 15000 and also my platelets are high too. There can be lots of causes for this. Have they done a differential to see what part of the whites are high. Mine are the neutrophils with a left shift but they screened it two (maybe 3??) years ago and nothing in it (leukemic blasts) then. I am back under the hemotolgist though now as they are still consistenly high and they are doing other tests first to rule things out. It is worrying for us and my heart goes out to you if you are crying over this. Have you got another appointment with the hemo yet? You really need to write things down (I have!!) for when you go to see them. Questions are good and try to calm yourself too.

    I just wanted to say to you I have had this too for a few years and there is no obvious infection but they are now doing other tests.

    Hope you go on ok and post back.

    My thread is on here if want to take a look

    Persistant high white count, high platelets and clotting out.....

    Last edited by kmarshy; 02-20-2009 at 11:30 AM.

     
    Old 02-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
    VioletSky77
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: New York, NY USA
    Posts: 8
    VioletSky77 HB User
    Re: PLEASE help....high white cell count!

    Hi Kmarshy
    Thank you so much for your response.
    Yes, I am in the USA. I am making an appt. with the Hematologist for as soon as possible. They are hard to book with here.....very busy.
    I am trying to calm down, since a friend of mine, who is a doctor, told me that some people just naturally have a high white cell count.

    Please let me know what your turns out to be.
    I will do the same.

    My heart goes out to you, as well.

    Warmest regards,
    Tristan









    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmarshy View Post
    I just wanted to let you know that I am in the same boat here with a high white count and for a few years now. I am from the UK (don't know if you are from the USA!!) and our docs here do not worry too much if they are just this high. Mine is 15000 and also my platelets are high too. There can be lots of causes for this. Have they done a differential to see what part of the whites are high. Mine are the neutrophils with a left shift but they screened it two (maybe 3??) years ago and nothing in it (leukemic blasts) then. I am back under the hemotolgist though now as they are still consistenly high and they are doing other tests first to rule things out. It is worrying for us and my heart goes out to you if you are crying over this. Have you got another appointment with the hemo yet? You really need to write things down (I have!!) for when you go to see them. Questions are good and try to calm yourself too.

    I just wanted to say to you I have had this too for a few years and there is no obvious infection but they are now doing other tests.

    Hope you go on ok and post back.

    My thread is on here if want to take a look

    Persistant high white count, high platelets and clotting out.....

     
    Old 02-26-2009, 04:23 AM   #4
    va_girl64
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    va_girl64's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2004
    Posts: 37
    va_girl64 HB User
    Re: PLEASE help....high white cell count!

    Hi Violet, My white cell count is also high and has been for years (eosinophils). I have seen a specialist who only came up with "severe allergies". I get concerned at times but since I've started allergy injections my count has come down a little. Hope all works out well for you. Take Care.

     
    Old 04-13-2009, 02:46 AM   #5
    Jean Garrett
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Jean Garrett's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Posts: 2
    Jean Garrett HB User
    Re: PLEASE help....high white cell count!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VioletSky77 View Post
    Hi Kmarshy
    Thank you so much for your response.
    Yes, I am in the USA. I am making an appt. with the Hematologist for as soon as possible. They are hard to book with here.....very busy.
    I am trying to calm down, since a friend of mine, who is a doctor, told me that some people just naturally have a high white cell count.

    Please let me know what your turns out to be.
    I will do the same.

    My heart goes out to you, as well.

    Warmest regards,
    Tristan

     
    Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 AM   #6
    Jean Garrett
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    Jean Garrett's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Posts: 2
    Jean Garrett HB User
    Re: PLEASE help....high white cell count!

    I think I have had high white cells all my life. It wasnt till I was around 60, they seemed to have found out about my white cells being high. All my life I have had chronic fatigue & nausea. I think my dad was the same and he lived to be 84. The doctor put me on three different allegy tablets and they all gave me bad headaches. I have met a girl recently who said her white cells were high because her lymph nodes were blocked. She has given me a leaflet on some medicine that have stablized her white blood cells so they are not high. Until it works for me I dont like to recommend. I only met her a day ago.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Persistent high white count, raised platelets, clotting out??? kmarshy Blood and Blood Vessel 95 04-22-2010 01:44 PM
    Need HeLp to interpret - Lab results glindy79 General Health 1 06-29-2009 10:29 PM
    WBC question please help Arithium Leukemia 3 03-02-2009 06:24 PM
    Please help-what's next for me? wgtlbaker162 Leukemia 2 01-24-2008 01:43 PM
    my very best friend has high white blood cell count please help mtgrizzlymn Leukemia 2 09-25-2007 06:31 PM
    Please help....High white cell count....I am terrified!! VioletSky77 Leukemia 5 07-07-2007 10:53 AM
    Blood Test Results "stumper" of the day...who can help? Ruby44 Thyroid Disorders 2 06-21-2007 02:00 PM
    Interferon (Pegasus) Side Effects - SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE! ProudUSAFMom Hepatitis 12 11-30-2005 08:26 AM
    I'm having a bone marrow biopsy Monday - scared - please help ChantzAly Leukemia 7 11-24-2003 01:49 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 AM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!