It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board

ACDF C5-C6 1 year later...still in pain

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
nicolet171
(female)

nicolet171 HB User
ACDF C5-C6 1 year later...still in pain

I had my ACDF surgery in July 2016 and like most experiences I have read about, I felt pretty good immediately after surgery. This did not last long. Now about 10 months later, I feel as if am in no better position than I was before the surgery.

I am not upset with my surgeon, he has been very supportive and on the ball. He had me go for a post op MRI, that he tells me didn't show anything he didn't expect and I am scheduled for a Nerve Conduction Study. My experience started with a massive infection that took months to clear up. As the weeks went on and I was still experiencing excruciating pain and discomfort, muscle spasms throughout my spine and across my shoulders & down my arms, as well as numbness, tingling & burning sensations throughout these areas as well. Then the pain began to travel down my mid & lower spine with numbness, tingling & burning sensation down the back of my legs. I am having difficulty holding my head up, doing so causes pain and spasms that take my breath away.

I am constantly moving because I cannot sit, stand or lay down for more than an hour to an hour and a half before the pain and discomfort becomes unbearable. I am lucky to sleep for three hours, and that is only because the meds put me out. I have also noticed that the symptoms that brought me to the surgeon that were presenting on the right, are now presenting on the left.

I find myself able to do little to nothing for myself. I try to do things like laundry, cooking, light cleaning and grocery shopping and I find that mid way through I am in so much pain that I want to break down and cry. Then for the next 3 to 5 days after attempting these things, I am unable to do anything. There are days that I am barely able to groom myself.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If so, what did you do? Any advice is welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply