It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board

Nuclear Bone Scan Whole Body

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2017, 07:26 AM   #1
bestoldies04
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
Nuclear Bone Scan Whole Body

I recently had a Whole Body Nuclear Bone Scan. This is the findings.

1. Early blood pool images demonstrate mild increased accumulation of radiopharmaceutical of the medial left forefoot region possibly in the region of the 1st metatarsal phalangeal joint. Minimal increased activity in the left 1st metatarsal phalangeal joint region. (I am assuming this is just arthritis in my left foot)

2. increased activity in the anterior skull near the superior lateral margin of the right orbit. Nature of this is uncertain. CT scan of the head should be considered for further evaluation. (I have no idea what this is at all)

Has anyone had a Nuclear Bone Scan of the head before? I am only slightly concerned about the head scan results. Should I be seeing another doctor or is this nothing to worry about? My first thoughts is don't worry about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
bestoldies04
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
Re: Nuclear Bone Scan Whole Body

The doctor contacted me this morning and said my Nuclear Bone Scan was normal. The report did not sound normal to me especially the second part. Because he did not order the Whole Body Nuclear Body Scan only a scan of left foot he does not want to address any other findings. He tells me it's a over read by the Radiologist or incidental finding not to worry.

Reply Reply