It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board

Myelomalacia

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2017, 09:02 AM   #1
Canadian 1
(male)

Canadian 1 HB User
Myelomalacia

Hi everyone.

New to the board and seeking out info for anyone perhaps in my situation.
Background Story..

I slipped and fell. All the Dr.s were looking at my left ankle as it was twisted with ligament damage and a small achilles tear. No surgery required..
My ankle stayed swollen for almost three months. In which time the swelling came down but developed a burning sensation in the foot up to the knee.
Eventually went back to work and was waiting to see a neurologist for the nerve testing to left leg due to the burning. Within days of returning to work developed a severe neck and shoulder pain. Assumed it was from being away from work for an extensive time. (Truck Driver)

As time passed developed a tightness in my right forearm( felt like a tourniquet was wrapped tight around it). Sharp spasms radiating from neck down arm when extending neck up or down.Mainly when I was trying to reach for things. Things slipping from hands do to uncontrol.

Eventually minor spasms in legs and more so in arm. Leg dragging and almost tripping myself.

Eventually diagnosed with c3 c4 c5 degenerative disk disease with a myelomalacia at c5 level.Surgeon says he only see this type of myelomalacia in car crashes?
I did fall and although only from walking. turned 180 degrees and landed on side.( Hands in pockets no bracing from fall)Can symptoms take up to 3months to manifest from an acute myelomalacia.
Thanks in advance for any answers or further questions

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply