It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board

• calcaneal navicular coalition

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
    1Lucky3
    (female)

1Lucky3 HB User
    calcaneal navicular coalition

I am a 21 year old female that has suffered from a calcaneal navicular coalition for what the dr thinks is the most part of my life. It just went un noticed for a while. As an infant while learning how to walk my parents noticed that i would always turn my right foot out while walking. This continues today. Drs told my parents that it was either a bad habit or would correct itself over time. This "habit" never caused me any pain or discomfort. When I was 16 I got into a near fatal car accident and broke many bones and ruptured a couple organs. It was at th is time where I began complaining of severe right foot pain. However xrays showed I did not injur my foot. I contiues to complain for the next few months. Finally it got to the point where I could put little pressure on my right foot nor walk far distences. I made a visit with the dt who informed me that I am suffering from a calcaneal navicular coalition. That I more than likely was born with this and the car accident triggered my reception to it. He belived that up until now my body was handling masking it by the turning out of my foot. Which we found out later caused my right hip to now be turned out a great amount. i under went surgary to break the coalitoin and resection of my bones. Now 4 years later I am still complaining of much discomfort. I can move my foot up and down however I have complety no range of move ment to the right and left. In order to do so I move my leg at the hip.When i extend my foot towards the ground I feel a lot of pull on the top of my foot sometimes along with pain. I feel that after this surgary my foot became much worse. My middle toe lost its sense of touch, my nail now grows upwards. where the dr placed the button to hold my muscle in place now has a cyst (which the dr says does not need to be removed), when you put pressure on the cyst it hurts. Also at the site of surgary where the drainage tube was is a intent when you place pressure on that spot it is unbarable at times. If anyone has ever had this surgary and can help me at all I would love to hear from you. I am sorry this is so long.

Linds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread