It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board

• Possibly broken wrist. Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
    lqcorsa

lqcorsa HB User
    Exclamation Possibly broken wrist. Please help!

Hi everybody. I think my wrist may be injured badly, but it's hard to say for certain, especially with the way doctors have been treating it.

My wrists have always had problems. I used to wear carpal tunnel braces when I was younger (12 years old) from excessive use, but it was VERY mild. It progessively got worse over the years but it stayed relatively mild. About 2 years ago I repeatidly injured it by accident of course. I ran into a car on run-away roller skates (don't ask) and braced myself with my hands, injuring my wrist (especially the right). I tripped over my dog, bracing my fall with my wrists, hurting it BADLY (especially the right.) That one I went to the doctor about, and she said there was a possibility it was fractured, and gave me a brace (without x-raying). I wore it, but the pain never really went away. I've also been doing competitive power-lifting for about 2 years, and I wear a wrist brace for it, but it doesn't help much. Once while lifting, it cramped up, and I thought I may of broken it. It hurt more than any other time I've injured it. Again it was my right wrist.

I don't remember when it started, but I now have a lump in my wrist, dead center of it, that pops up through my skin whenever I move it downward. Also, the range of movement I have, mostly downward, is really only as far as gravity can pull it, without causing a lot of pain to be shot through the middle of my wrist.

The pain, and range of movement in my wrist hasn't always been this bad though. Just 4 weeks ago or so I went to Children's Hospital for slightly unrelated problems, and a doctor checked it out. She just examined the lump, that I don't have my in my left wrist by the way, and didn't think much of it. Again, it wasn't x-rayed.

It pops ALOT. Especially moving it side to side. Every time I move it.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-19-2008 at 06:13 AM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Possibly broken wrist. Please help!

You probably want to see a good orthopedist, who will do x-rays.

There's a lot of possibilities, no one here can tell you exactly what's wrong.

Closed Thread