It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board

• Bone cyst femur in baby

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
    Roxy225
    (female)

Roxy225 HB User
    Bone cyst femur in baby

Hi. I need some advice. My son is 13 months old. On his first birthday he all of a sudden had difficulties walking or putting any weight on his right leg. (he has been walking since he was 10 months) This happened on and off for 2 days. On the second day, I called his pediatrician's office and they had me bring him in. The doctor looked him over, couldn't find anything amiss, but decided to order an x-ray of his leg just to be sure. His doctor came back after the x-ray to say that there was something on his right femur. Maybe a fracture! So he reffered my son to an Orthopedic. The Orthopedic examined my son, looked at the x-rays, and said he didn't think it was a fracture. He ordered another x-ray that focused on the spot. After he looked it over, he said it was a bone cyst. Then he told us to come back in 2 weeks so he could look at my son and do another x-ray. In 2 weeks, we went back. My son hadn't had any more trouble walking. He checked out fine when the Orthopedic looked him over. So then the Ortho said that since my son was doing fine, there was no need to do further testing right now. I was so confused since I thought we were supposed to do another x-ray and I was very concerned about the cyst. He said that it might not be a cyst. It could be a shadow or something to do with the bone growing. I don't understand what made him change his mind. He seemed confident it was a bone cyst last time. He says just to watch my son and come back in 3 months for another x-ray.

I'm not sure what to do. Do we just wait the 3 months? I'm all worried and wondering if I should be going for a second opinion.

Also one of the things that is concering me is that when he was questioning me about my son he asked if he had any fevers or irritability. I said no, other than when he had the difficulty walking. He was very irritable then! But now....for the last few nights my son has been getting fevers. He's also been tired and irritable during the day. Not wanting to play, sitting on my lap alot. He could just be sick, but now I'm wondering if it could be related to his leg?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread