It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board

• Clicking in neck when taking a deep breath--pinched nerve c8

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
    sadlyright
    (female)

sadlyright HB User
    Clicking in neck when taking a deep breath--pinched nerve c8

Hi, so I'll provide a little necessary back story.
    About 9 weeks ago, I discovered that I somehow pinched a nerve in my neck (c8)... causing lots of pain and slight numbness in my pinky/side of arm. I had the full c spine x-rays which showed that there were no broken bones or anything, so it's been assumed by two different ER/stat doctors that it's muscle spasms causing the pinched nerves. Well, it's been 9 weeks, and I'm still in pain from it, which is okay because I can deal with the pain. The part that is making me so uncomfortable is this clicking noise I keep hearing. Every time I take a deep/moderately deep breath, and lots of times when I tilt my head back, there's this small clicking noise. I have asked the doctors about it and they say that it's possible for the joint to click as the "muscles relax" but this was in the emergency room when I first got the pain and they didn't even let me explain what I was feeling (they were annoyed that I was there and tried to rush me out the door and blab about how I need to see my primary doctor, but my doctor was closed for over a week and I was in tear-jerking pain.) Anyway, I just want to know if anyone else has this problem when they pinched a nerve in the neck or upper back? I'm so scared that it's a disc somehow sliding around or something. I asked my primary doctor for an MRI but she denied that I even had a problem because she's annoyed with me for seeing her so often. I can't get anyone to help me or give me answers and I'm about to go crazy. I've been in pain every day for 9 weeks. The anxiety and annoyance the clicking is causing me, however, is worse than the pain at times. Is this going to eventually go away? Am I going to deal with this clicking noise or the pain for the rest of my life? Any and all answers are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by sadlyright; 08-11-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    muscle pain, neck clicking, pinched nerve, snapping, spine