It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Really constipated... No urge

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
    Anonimoose
    (female)

Anonimoose HB User
    Exclamation Really constipated... No urge

Hey everyone!!

I'm 18 years old... turning 19 next month. The last time I had a successful, healthy BM was on Sunday... about 5 days ago. Prior to the BM on Sunday, I didn't really go to the bathroom for about 4 or 5 days. I didn't feel as I have completely emptied myself with that BM per se, but I got a LOT out. More than what I would have when I am regular, going about every day or every other day. It should have restored me to regularity.

The problem is, I don't have the urge to go to the bathroom... at all. 0 urge to have a BM. The only way I can get anything out (which is like, a quarter sized pebble at a time) is by straining pretty hard. It's so irritating.

I have also been having irregular periods as of late. A few months ago, it was a week late. Now they have been coming early. I feel like I may be on the road to having another early period... Cramps, back pain, and heaviness and bloating.

But because I'm so constipated, I'm much more bloated than what I would be with my normal PMS. The bloating intensifies when I eat. I get so bloated that, I don't really want to eat. I look like I'm about 4 months pregnant. Every time I eat, I get awful, rumbling gas in my stomach as well. I have to position myself a certain way to be able to pass it.

At this point in time, I'm worried that I have an impaction. I've been eating as normally as I could do with the amount of money I have to buy food with, aka buying fruit smoothies, eating whole grain bread, limiting junk food and sweets, drinking LOTS of water every day... maybe about equivalent to 10 or 11 8 oz glasses per day. I do have one cup of coffee with cream in the morning. Still, nothing.

I took 1 (100mg) colace pill a day for the past two days. When will the colace work? Will it even work with my condition? Should I try something else, like a suppository? Or should I just go see my doctor and just get advice from them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #2
    roxcyn
    Veteran
    (male)

roxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB Userroxcyn HB User
    Re: Really constipated... No urge

Maybe an enema or prune juice would work?

Old 05-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
    Mirriam
    (male)

Mirriam HB User
    Re: Really constipated... No urge

If you even THINK you have a bowel obstruction do NOT take any type of stool softener or laxative. That will take a bad situation and blow it right into a very serious one in short order. You need to see a doctor asap. They can tell pretty quickly if you have an obstruction. Then, once you know the path is clear (so to speak) you can talk to him about ways to solve your problem. More water, more fiber, possible taking a mild laxative/stool softener on a regular basis, but get to a doctor as soon as you possibly can.

Reply Reply

Tags
    bloating, constipation, gas, pms