It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Can hemorrhoids cause constant inner burning pain?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #1
    mrlondon
    (male)

mrlondon HB User
    Can hemorrhoids cause constant inner burning pain?

Hi - Can hemorrhoid problems lead to constant burning pain inside the rectum? I have a decades long history of occasional hemorrhoids problems, but I never had the constant pain like I do now. The external hemorrhoids swell up after a BM, but the real pain is inside. I assumed I had inner hemorrhoid problems, like I did 6 years ago, when a surgeon had to band several hemorrhoids. I recently saw the same surgeon, and he said that the inner hemorrhoids didn't look too bad, but he did see some blood. He referred me to a rectal surgeon, which of course takes at least a month to see. I increased my fiber, and more frequently used tucks and sitz baths, and occasionally cortisone cream. That didn't help. Instead, the pain has become constant and burning. I can put my finger inside and there are a couple of extremely painful areas. I just started taking 600mg Advil 3 times a day, and was also given Proctosol HC 2.5% yesterday. No relief yet. Does anyone have suggestions for symptomatic relief, until I see the rectal doctor? Thanks. - Mark

P.s. I was diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy several years ago. I'm looking for information on whether that could be the cause of the pain, and not something more serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    constant pain, hemorrhoids, small fiber neuropathy