It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Is it normal to experience a clear, mucus-like discharge after passing gas?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-31-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
    GrizWrites
    (male)

GrizWrites HB User
    Is it normal to experience a clear, mucus-like discharge after passing gas?

Okay, I understand that the title is a bit vague, but let me elaborate. I'm an eighteen year old male, with no history of any rectal issues or problems. I'm a college student so it can be kind of hard for me to make time between classes, homework, the student newspaper, and spending time with my significant other, to schedule an appointment. I've been in a very committed relationship for about three years, so I don't think my issue has anything to do with an STD. Let me start from the beginning... Last month, my father and his significant other took me to see the Niagara Falls in New York. We stayed for about three days. The day after we returned I felt what I thought was just a bit of flatulence. I figured I'd let it rip, and laugh it off...that was not the case. I pushed just a bit, and a small fart shot out of my bottom along with a wet substance, that I expected to be diarrhea. I ran to the bathroom to investigate, only to see nothing in my boxers but a small wet spot. I wiped, and took a peek. What I saw was a clear, thick, mucus-like substance with some very, very, very small streaks of runny brownish poo. I assumed it was possibly due to eating some sort of undercooked meat. A month later (about a half an hour ago), once again...I felt the flatulence. I once again thought it was going to be a normal fart, however the diarrhea splat was accompanying the poot. I took to the washroom to inspect my boxers. This time, however, I noticed there was no poo, or blood in the mucus. Just the clear, thick, jelly-like substance. This may seem kind of gross, but I have it a sniff. Nothing...it had no scent. I wasn't worried, but now I'm sort of freaking out...Has anyone else suffered from this? Should I get myself checked? What is it? What causes it? What do I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2015, 06:58 AM   #2
    xtie
    (female)

xtie HB User
    Re: Is it normal to experience a clear, mucus-like discharge after passing gas?

Hi, I know you posted this a mnth ago so hope all is ok now. If not id go dr just to check it. I have had similar but with blood and it was a thrombosis pile. .so basically (this was yrs ago) the dr said a blood vessel burst..So yours may be something similar but wouldn't hurt to get it checked.

Reply Reply