It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• What finally healed the anal fissure

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-06-2015, 05:31 AM   #1
    RedandThor
    (male)

RedandThor HB User
    What finally healed the anal fissure

It was a few weeks before leaving on an extended European holiday when passing a large hard stool caused a painful bleeding anal fissure. I had gone through what many others have with pain, worry and despair that it would never heal before it was finally resolved. Long story short: I was following my Australian doctors orders using the stool softener Coloxyl, drinking plenty of water, eating fiber and soft foods, avoiding nuts and hot chilies and applying Rectogesic ointment after wiping (similar to Proctosedyl - but it is both a numbing and healing cream), but more than eight weeks went by and no healing or lessening of blood and pain had occurred.

Then late one night I recalled something the doctor had told me about USING ANTIBACTERIAL WIPES. I had forgotten to use them before applying the ointment. Along with the above mentioned regimen, once I started thoroughly cleaning up with the antibacterial wipes and then applying ointment, the fissure started healing and was completely gone in two weeks.

PS: it's good to remember these wipes are great but usually are not flush-able, so they may need to be rinsed clean and then properly disposed of. I hope this may be of help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    anal fissure, anal fissures