It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Help! No one knows what is wrong with my son!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
    sacrice
    (female)

sacrice HB User
    Exclamation Help! No one knows what is wrong with my son!

My son is 12. Almost two years ago he started getting upset stomachs and would experience vomiting or diarrhea. Last November his appendix ruptured and he had emergency surgery. Two weeks later he went back because there was a large pocket of infection. The stomach issues stopped for a short time but then the pain, vomiting and diarrhea returned. A CT scan was done and the Dr noticed that his stomach was slow to empty. An endoscopy and colonoscopy were done. Everything looked normal except she thought she saw ulcers in his stomach. Tests came back negative for ulcers (and for crohn's disease). Four separate stool samples were done. Everything was normal except there was blood in the stool. The vomiting seemed to have stopped but now we were actually seeing the blood when he had a bowel movement while experiencing stomach pain (he was not constipated or straining, stool was soft). Since the Dr did notice that it was hard to see the small intestine on the CT scan she decided to do a capsule endoscopy. That came back normal as well. Today he is experiencing pain and vomiting. He is throwing up food eaten more than 18 hours ago that does not look digested. What is wrong with my son????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
    rufous57
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
    Re: Help! No one knows what is wrong with my son!

Has your son had a gastric emptying study done? (gastric scintigraphy) It doesn't explain the blood in the stool, but that could be a separate issue.

Reply Reply

Tags
    bloody stool, diarrhea, stomach pain, undiagnosed, vomiting