It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Does this warrant a doctor's visit?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-25-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
    Anon0
    (female)

Anon0 HB User
    Does this warrant a doctor's visit?

I am a 20 year old female. I noticed about two years ago (I really don't know how long it's been) that there was a lump (feels like two lumps) coming from the anal region; these lumps have never caused me any pain or bleeding, and I've never had problems with my bowel movements due to this, either, so I never felt like it was necessary for me to go to the doctor. I simply thought it would go away on its own, or maybe I'd always had it and just never realized until now. Around the time I discovered this, I was preparing for a minor pilonidal cyst surgery. From the various visits I had with my doctor, he never mentioned anything about something coming from my anus if he ever saw it, not even after my surgery. However, I'm really starting to get scared. I am engaged to be married soon and am worried that my husband will notice this. It's making me self-conscious. What if it's colon cancer? Should I visit the doctor?

Thank you in advance for your responses/knowledge/advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2015, 04:00 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Does this warrant a doctor's visit?

It's worth mentioning just to find out what it is. Since you are getting married I would assume you are going to a gyno so I would just ask her to check that at your next physical.

Reply Reply