It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Can chronic use of enemas cause pain in colon?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-09-2015, 06:11 AM   #1
    wnorm
    (female)

wnorm HB User
    Can chronic use of enemas cause pain in colon?

I had rectal prolapse surgery in May and my entire rectum was removed. The end of my colon was made into a "rectum". I have collagenous colitis and mastocytic enterocoloitis.
    Due to problems associated with this surgery, I was advised to do regular water enemas with an enema kit (1.5 litres) , alternating sometimes with a small enema bulb. Lately I have been having severe cramping in my abdomen, particularly just before a normal b.m, i.e. even if I don't do an enema. It feels like my colon is inflamed. Asacol doesn't help. Could this be due to the enema use? I also have to use glycerin suppositories. I never had this sort of pain before. It feels like labor pains. There is no blood loss. I am not constipated. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    CHRONIC kidney pain - kidney stones removed, NO relief. In despair mc763 Kidney Disorders 0 06-30-2014 07:27 PM
    Advice Please -- How Do I Ask My Doctor? Sophia58 Chronic Pain 9 12-17-2013 07:26 PM
    Multiple spine issues with chronic pain painoverload Chronic Pain 10 10-31-2012 04:04 PM
    How to ask PM doctor to increase pain meds SheeSpy Pain Management 9 03-24-2012 10:48 AM
    Finally reached remission Flaminghands Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) (CRPS) 1 11-01-2011 07:05 AM

Tags
    bowel disorders, colitis, enemas, microscopic colitis, rectal prolapse bowel problems