It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Hemorrhoidectomy Recovery

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #16
Bones03
(male)

Bones03 HB User
Re: Hemorrhoidectomy Recovery

Thanks Hemm44. Did you have any of my posted issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #17
Bones03
(male)

Bones03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFAMS View Post
Ha! Brothers in misery is perfect. I'm also on my phone so I'll get right to your question regarding bleeding 6 days post op. I spot every now n then I just started my third week. At week two bleeding was common after every BM and I believe it's because of the surgical swelling, healing. It's completely normal friend so don't worry, ok? As long as you're not filling the bowl red you are fine. 6 days post op I filled n I mean filllllled the bowl red n after a few minutes of paper n pressure, it stopped. I was used to that as I always bled during BMs for 6 years. I hope this helps. Gotta tell ya, I feel better today than I have in 18 years, when my problem originated! I had severe problems in last 6 years so I finally had the surgery.

Please feel welcome to ask any and all questions brother! I wish u a fast semi painless recovery (let's be real haha!) and I hope to hear from you soon.

Joe, brothers in pain!
Thanks Joe. Did you have any "new" hemms? This little thing feels just like the old ones.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #18
Hemm44
(male)

Hemm44 HB User

I don't believe I developed new hemms but I do have growths. When I asked my surgeon about this he told me 'this is your new topology'. It was hard to accept at first that I went through the operation and still had growths but over time I have accepted this as a way of life. During my 2nd visit to the surgeon, I was told that I had a rare complication from the original surgery called a Fistula. I was lucky that it was superficial, but it still required a 2nd surgery. During this operation, the surgeon removed a small skin tag. My advice is to not worry about anything until you have seen the surgeon. You're still VERY early in the healing process. As far as bleeding, that will also subside shortly.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #19
JoeFAMS
(male)

JoeFAMS HB User

Wow, just went in for post-op check up today and no one told me they conduct another internal examination that soon, so I'm here to tell they do, and it is awful. Only took 6 seconds but man it hurt! Im on week 3 and I'm 60-70% healed at this point. I feel a million times better, not much pain, and I'm able to most everything. There is light at the end of the tunnel my friends!!!

Vinnie! Are you alive brother? Rooting for you!!!

Old 08-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #20
louise1300

louise1300 HB User

It has been many months since your procedure, and since I'm probably having a hemorrhoidectomy soon, I'd love to hear your thoughts now. Are you a normal person again? Is there any residual pain or soiling? Thanks for making this thread - it's always great to hear how things go for others in the same boat.

Reply Reply