It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

issues after colon surgery due to diverticulitis

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
jethorpejr
(male)

jethorpejr HB User
Question issues after colon surgery due to diverticulitis

on April 18, 2017, i had 6 inches of my colon removed in hopes to solve an ongoing problem with diverticulitis. that was 8 weeks ago.

its now 8 weeks and i am on my second round of antibiotices and continue to have the same issues as before surgery.

i am going for a CT scan later this week most likely and they mentioned the possibility of a cist?

i guess my question is.. has anybody had experience with this same problem and do you think i should go to a different surgeon or get a second opinion.

unlike others, my recovery was horrible even though it was done laparoscopic.
i have had no other health issues ever and i am 52..

i guess i am just discouraged at my recovery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
Theycallmehoney
(female)

Theycallmehoney HB User
Re: issues after colon surgery due to diverticulitis

I am so sorry. I've had a resection due to diverticulitis as well. I was on so much antibiotics before surgery and they just made me feel AWFUL. My surgery was not laproscopic and I appeared to heal well. However, I did contract CDiff shortly after all of this. It could have been from overuse of antibiotics or picked up from hospital? Either way, it robbed me of 9 months of living. I would encourage you to take probiotics, by the ton and switch them up, ask your pharmacist, they really know their stuff and most appreciate helping. Perhaps have a second opinion. I'm sure sorry the "cyst" didn't get cut out the first time. Maybe it was missed bc you weren't opened up?

Reply Reply