It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Internal and external hemorrhoids removed

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
aishac
(female)

aishac HB User
Internal and external hemorrhoids removed

My doctor repeated numerous times that it was a painful surgery. He was right on. I am 12 days post op and still having horrible pain. 2 days post-op, I had gotten opiate infused constipation. My medication was so strong that my bladder and stomach also fell asleep for 10 days which called for a foley catheter...i had to endure an NG Tube for two days and a trip back to endoscopy for a compressed colonoscopy to remove rock hard stool and gas. My bowels still didn't move for two more days and when it did, it was the most violent episode ever. I looked possessed the way it jerked my body so. Continuing to take stool softeners and laxatives helped but we still had two wait two days before my bladder woke up and I was then going home from my 4 day stay in hell. I was told that I had 5 large ones and mine came after the birth of my now 22 year old son, they started to cause major blood loss and wasn't helping my anemia. I passed out at work once.

I'm now 38 but it still really hurts...sent me home with the same med which I refuse to take...i have ibuprofen 800, lidocaine cream 5%, sitz baths, and ice packs and of course the laxatives and softeners...i still have a high urgency when I have to go...not sure how that will work in the next 5 days when I'm scheduled back to work...the rectal/bladder spasms are evil, you cannot hold it...i wish anyone the best experience possible but do be prepared for all possibilities as everyone will have a different experience.....

NOTE: GET RECTICARE 5% CREAM BEFORE THE PROCEDURE...MY INSURANCE WOULD ONLY AUTHORIZE 2%.

BEST WISHES

Last edited by Administrator; 08-12-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
TEdds83
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Internal and external hemorrhoids removed

I am so sorry you are going through this. I totally feel your pain. I am thinking I need to have an internal banding of a hemm. I have been in pain for months. I know I should lose about 25 to 30 pounds. I wonder if that would help somewhat. But if I have caffeine or anything spicy it's like a diuretic and I have the big D and if I don't have that I am constipated. It just reinjures the site and I want to scream. I am sure you understand. I hope you are better soon. If you can give me any advice about ointments or anything I would appreciate it. Thanks! Best of luck!

Reply Reply