It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

First time dealing with hemorrhoid (9 months pregnant) will it resolve?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
LolaNz
(female)

LolaNz HB User
First time dealing with hemorrhoid (9 months pregnant) will it resolve?

Hello everyone!

I am a 25 year old female, and I am currently dealing with a hemorrhoid... This is the first time I see this, I am in my third trimester of pregnancy, which I've read and been told that is actually something "normal" for this to happen to pregnant women. It was just there one day....

I am so scared that this will never go away, it is my first time dealing with this. So far this is what it's been like.

I have almost 2 weeks with this hemorrhoid, I am at a stage where it no longer hurts as it did at the beginning (I hope that means it is healing an will go back in place)

At first I tried pushing it back in but it would end up coming back out within a minute or two, so I decided to let it be and see what happens naturally with time.

I am using medicated wipes, Preparation H ointment, and Preparation H suppositories (been using those for almost a week)...

Like I said, it is barely painful now, I can sit and not feel the pain I did throughout the first few days, I can walk normally and not feel it sore and painful as I felt it at the beginning, it doesn't even feel sore when I touch it, and I think it is a bit smaller now too... I have blood when I wipe (very little, bright red blood), luckily I can have bowel movements without much discomfort...

Comparing all of this to what I've read from other people's situation with hemorrhoids, mine doesn't sound that bad (I guess)...

But my concern is, will it go away?
Since it doesn't hurt like it did at the beginning and it looks smaller, should I try pushing it in again? (I haven't tried pushing it in again because I'm scared that might trigger it and make it "bad" all over again)

I am having a c-section in 2 weeks, perhaps the fact that I won't be pushing for birth can aid in this not getting worst...

Any advice?

I haven't seen my doctor since this showed up, I have a follow up appointment to talk about my c section soon though, so I will definitely bring it up. In the meantime, has anyone had experience with hemorrhoids in pregnancy, and will it go back to place on it's own?

Anything else I should know or do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: First time dealing with hemorrhoid (9 months pregnant) will it resolve?

It is very normal for pregnant women to get hemorrhoids! Most of them do go away by themselves, but there are also really simple procedures that your GI doctor can do. Most gyns recommend that their patients go see a GI doc after the birth if they dont resolve on their own.
You can read about banding, which is really simple, and completely pain free. I have taken 3 family members to have something called ORegan Banding- its outpatient, no anesthesia, no pain- no prep. I dont know if they can do it while you are pregnant or not. You would have to ask..all I know is that it works and everyone who I drove to the appointment said it was the greatest thing they ever did.

I hope it goes away on its own...but rest assured, this is really very normal during pregnancy!

Old 08-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
LolaNz
(female)

LolaNz HB User

Thank you so much for your reply, you've given me some peace of mind. I have zero pain now (not even a little), and the blood has lessened a lot...
I can go to the bathroom and not feel any pain either, so at least I'm feeling better. I do hope it resolves on it's own, today as I showered I noticed that it is much easier to push the hemorrhoid back in, I literally didn't have to force it in, a little push and it was back inside... (I am so sorry for being so explicit) unfortunately, it came back out on it's own (but this time it is staying in longer too)... I'll definitely let it be, I will be giving birth (c-section) in about a week or so, guess I'll see how this resolves after birth.

I'll try not to feel bad about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
It is very normal for pregnant women to get hemorrhoids! Most of them do go away by themselves, but there are also really simple procedures that your GI doctor can do. Most gyns recommend that their patients go see a GI doc after the birth if they dont resolve on their own.
You can read about banding, which is really simple, and completely pain free. I have taken 3 family members to have something called ORegan Banding- its outpatient, no anesthesia, no pain- no prep. I dont know if they can do it while you are pregnant or not. You would have to ask..all I know is that it works and everyone who I drove to the appointment said it was the greatest thing they ever did.

I hope it goes away on its own...but rest assured, this is really very normal during pregnancy!

Old 08-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #4
LolaNz
(female)

LolaNz HB User

Oh, and I'll definitely get informed about the banding in case I end up having to find another route for this.

THANK YOU!!!

Reply Reply