It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Help, not sure what I have but food poisoning for 3+ weeks

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
Blackbelt0127
(male)

Blackbelt0127 HB User
Help, not sure what I have but food poisoning for 3+ weeks

Hello everyone, I'm 18 years old and just recently spent time in Europe and came back about a week ago. While in Europe I experienced food poisoning that lasted 4 days with symptoms of fever, vomiting, diarrhea(which was more like water coming out of my anus), fatigue/light headed and loss of appetite. After the four days I felt better but still not 100%. I still had diarrhea. Now since I came back I am feeling bloated, getting stomach cramps, the occasional abdominal pain, loss of appetite and 3+ bm's a day which are just basically brown or green water and pieces of what I ate the day before and I've noticed that there appears to be a thin layer of like oil/grease on top of the water. when ever I take anti-diarrhea pills it does get better, but I am wondering does this sound like anything familiar to you and do you think it will resolve on its own or should I see a doctor? Thank you so so so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Help, not sure what I have but food poisoning for 3+ weeks

This actually sounds exactly like what was going on with me for months before I got my gallbladder out. I had no idea that it was my gallbladder and went to the GI doctor because I couldnt imagine why "the flu" or "food poisoning" was lasting so long.

They sent me for an ultrasound which showed my gallbladder was infected. An MRI showed that it was about to rupture. I had surgery within the week.

The surgery to have it removed is actually nothing. I was up and walking around my house that night and back at work 3 days later. But, your symptoms really do sound like that is what it might be. Please talk to a GI doctor- or start with your primary physician and ask about a referral. Dont wait, as a ruptured gallbladder can be life threatening.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
Blackbelt0127
(male)

Blackbelt0127 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
This actually sounds exactly like what was going on with me for months before I got my gallbladder out. I had no idea that it was my gallbladder and went to the GI doctor because I couldnt imagine why "the flu" or "food poisoning" was lasting so long.

They sent me for an ultrasound which showed my gallbladder was infected. An MRI showed that it was about to rupture. I had surgery within the week.

The surgery to have it removed is actually nothing. I was up and walking around my house that night and back at work 3 days later. But, your symptoms really do sound like that is what it might be. Please talk to a GI doctor- or start with your primary physician and ask about a referral. Dont wait, as a ruptured gallbladder can be life threatening.
Thanks for your input, my mom is going to make an appointment for Monday at the GI

Old 09-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Excellent and smart of your mom! Please let us know what they say. I hope it is nothing!!

Reply Reply