It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

Please help! Extreme chronic constipation!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
kgd123
(female)

kgd123 HB User
Please help! Extreme chronic constipation!

I am an 18 year old female. I eat moderately healthy, drink tons of water, exercise daily, and I am not extremely overweight. I poop maybe once every 2, sometimes 3 weeks IF I'm lucky. When I do poop, it's a very small amount yet normal consistency. I have been to several doctors; they've taken my blood and stool samples and tested me for everything under the sun. It always comes back negative. The only thing they haven't done is an x-ray. I'm always told this is just how it is and sometimes in young women, our bowels get lazy. Exteme laxatives used as cleanouts for surgery like mag citrate have little effect on me. There is no pain but I'm always uncomfortable because of the bloating and I look like I'm 9 months pregnant. I don't understand how the infrequency of my BMs isn't alarming. People die from this. I know this is not normal and I will not accept "this is just how it is".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply