It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Hemorrhoid banding Not Healing

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-16-2017, 05:46 AM   #1
    JEH89
    (male)

JEH89 HB User
    Hemorrhoid banding Not Healing

Hello. 4 weeks ago I had an internal hemorrhoid banded. The pain I experienced was intense for almost two weeks. It was unbearable for the first few days to the point where I had to take off from work. That finally started to get better but now 4 weeks later I'm still bleeding after every BM and have severe swelling. I also now have the feeling that I have to go to the bathroom most of the day. I went to the CRS yesterday and he said I'm one of the 1% that has a complication. He said it has become ulcerated and that's what's causing all of the symptoms. He said he couldn't give me a time frame on recovery, and that there's not much that can be done and that it just needs more time to heal. I'm miserable and just want to know if this will ever get better? Is this something I should be more concerned about in terms of infection, etc? Any advice is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2017, 06:06 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Hemorrhoid banding Not Healing

Hello JEH89,

I have never heard of internal hemorrhoids being banded. Only external ones get banded, but of course the band is placed internally in order to stop the blood flow.

I would suggest calling whoever did it again and asking them for something for the pain and to have a look. By now the band should have fallen off- make sure it isnt still there, and ask them to give you some nitro or something to shrink the ulceration. There are things they can do...this is treated much like fissures, which really hurt.

I am sorry you have so much pain...but you need to go back and have them take a look and give you something to make you more comfortable. Yes, it may take some time to heal, but in the meantime, there are things to make you more comfortable.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
    Ilovepink1977
    (female)

Ilovepink1977 HB User
    Re: Hemorrhoid banding Not Healing

I've been in the process for 3 months to slowly get hemorrhoids banded. If they go high enough above the pain line it doesn't hurt, but I cannot imagine the pain of a external one banded. YIKES I go again in the morning for my 3rd.

EDITED: Went today and this process worked so well, I no longer have any internal hemorrhoids and didn't have to have any banded.

Last edited by Ilovepink1977; 11-01-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    bowel disorder, hemorrhoids