It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• issues with colonoscopy

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #1
    jemj
    (male)

jemj HB User
    Thumbs down issues with colonoscopy

Hello everyone,

I had a colonoscopy.
    I signed in on arrival and sat with others for over 3 hours watching people going in, even people who arrived after me I started to become frustrated so went to signing in lady they had somehow forgotten me but said we will try and squeeze you in (excuse pun ) I did get seen and went through initial run up with nurse and gown adorning met the team one nurse next to me on bed had limited English language, and a fellow said been doing job for a while could not find a vein but stabbed me numerous times I could sense his frustration any way proceeded with task without sedation just gas

watched on screen in colour his journey to centre of body via anus with tube when he arrived under left rib I grabbed side of bed and suffered excrutiating pain then watched cutting of polyps off with blood, job done wheeled off and out within an hour still in pain and months later still in pain and lots of gas got too wait anther couple of months to see consultant regarding polyps with collitis issues.

Im getting blood every now and then when going to loo and I WISH I had never gone.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-13-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: issues with colonoscopy

Oh, jemj, I can see why you regret that experience!

How are you doing now?

Here in America I was put under so I do not remember the colonoscopy experience. My polyps were removed also but I have no memory of it at all.

Be sure to report the blood to the professionals in case they need to see you again.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: issues with colonoscopy

Where I go to have my colonoscopy, people do choose not to go under sedation and to only have the procedure while awake, with gas...its a choice to go under sedation. Although I am told it can be uncomfortable having it awake, I have never heard of anyone having the pain you are describing. I feel so bad for you.

You should not be in pain from the procedure this long afterwards. It is more likely that the colitis is causing both the blood and the pain... when they remove polyps they cauterize them immediately, so they instantly stop bleeding...there is no reason that you should have blood from this even a day later. Please go back to your doctor and find out how you can live with the colitis, as you need to be on something to make the pain stop. Inflamed colons can cause bleeding and all sorts of gas and pain...medicine can make it stop.

Reply Reply