It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board

• Odd Pain While Recovering From Colon Resection

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #1
    Bigalcalbisque
    (male)

Bigalcalbisque HB User
    Odd Pain While Recovering From Colon Resection

Good morning, I had a Laparoscopic Colon resection on 12-27-2121 (that was a Monday) due to severe Diverticulosis in my Sigmoid Colon. I was told I could go home on the following Wednesday at 2:30 pm. I asked if I could spend 1 more night and ended up leaving the next day (Thursday). Everything felt pretty good, I am walking 1/2 mile every other day, eating well (low Residue) and have passed gas, and had regular bowel movements almost every day since I have been home. I was starting to feel super-human! Well as super-human as you can at 70 years old. Then bam, I was getting out of bed swung my legs over the side like I usually do and I had a very sharp pain that felt like it was coming directly from my lower incision, the long one where they had removed the diseased Colon through. I stood and within 10 seconds the pain went away. That was 3 days ago and the same thing is happening anytime I lay down and then get up swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. My feeling is that I probably tore the incision a bit and now it is re-healing or maybe it is something else. The incision area has no blood or other fluid and shows no swelling whatsoever. It's been 12 days since surgery, any input would be appreciated. BTW: I did not have any narcotics for pain only Advil, Tylenol, or Muscle Relaxants. If I touch all of my incisions, I feel no pain, just a little on the lower incision that I have been referring to.
    Thanks, Al
    Pathology Report 10-2-2017 Gleason 7 (4-3)11 Lymph Nodes Negative/PT3A-PN0
    Positive Rt Posterior Margin Less than or = to 3mm. Urinary Bladder Neck Invasion/Not Identified. Seminal Vesicle Invasion/Not Identified. Tumor weight=48.6 Grams
    EPE Presnt Focal Right Posterior
    7 PSA tests every 3 months less than or = to .02
    PSA test 9-27-2019 .02
    PSA test 1-23-2020 .07
    PSA test 2-04 2020 .06
    PSA test 5-05-2020 .03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply